Friday, September 26, 2008

Move over Laura Ingalls



So, Layne's and his brother Russell are always full of ideas. They like to do the same things sometimes, for example, one will say,"I'm getting a new bed" and the other will say,"I'm getting a new bed." or, "we're having a baby," and then the next day the other will say, "Oh, well, we're having a baby." So it wasn't surprising when Layne really liked Russell's idea of installing a wood stove in case the big destruction happens. After months of discussions, (were they really discussions, since Layne gets EVERYTHING he wants?) the new stove came yesterday. This meant, tearing out our beautiful gas fireplace, mantel, and Santa's entrance to put in the stove. The boys are thrilled that they will now get to light fires "inside the house." I on the other hand I am very sceptical as to how clean it will be. I'm sure all the fireplace guys who think they're so wonderful don't actually do the cleaning at their houses. But, I am happy that Layne is trying to take care of us and be a good scout. The wood is piled outside, now we're just going to have to wait for cold weather to come. Now I secretly hope something really terrible happens so we'll be ready, everyone is invited over! Maybe Russell's next great idea can focus on water preparedness and can include a swimming pool!

5 comments:

JENNE said...

Did the live writer work? Did the picture upload easier? I will give you a personal session - then you will be a pro. By the way your blog looks great
Love YA!

dana liston said...

I think we for sure need a swimming pool now. Why do they never go for our ideas? :) At least yours is in your basement-come check ours out displayed proudly in the front room! I guess my tears really didn't work.

Boettchers said...

Hey Joleen, I just found your blog hope it's ok! The stove is not a bad idea!

Lorilee said...

Hey Jo Lori here I am a new blogger too. Carl would LOVE the stove idea so we are going to keep it ourselves. you know you can totally pop Jiffypop popcorn on those stoves right?

WOODSIE said...

Silly smoke alarm and shut that ghost up already! HA HA