Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kidnapped!

During Christmas break, I wanted to run away from the video games, movies, and the mess.  I kidnapped my kids for the whole day and it turned out so great.  We hopped onto trax and rode downtown SL right to temple square.  (We did see some intereting people while riding the train.)  We were there with 10 minutes to spare to see the joseph smith movie which I hadn't seen.  It was really wonderful!   
Next we ate at the cafe in the Joseph Smith building.  Really cheap kids meal prices but all you really need is some big fat cinnamon rolls!
We walked all over temple square and the kids did so well!

Kyler saw a sister missionary with a flag from Brazil on her tag and impressed her with all his Portugese words he's learned from uncle Justin.

We had a tour of the conference center and my kids were the guides helpers.  It was cool all the things we learned!  Then we went to the church history museum and finished up before riding home!  A great day was spent by all.  
ps, we missed our daddy, maybe next time!  (I sure do love that Layne Liston boy!!)

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

Jo, you are such a great mom to take your kids up there by yourself. I can't even go to the mall alone.